How to Reduce and Smooth the Appearance of Cellulite!
HOW TO REDUCE AND SMOOTH THE APPEARANCE OF CELLULITE!
Cellulite is very common and more so among women and although there isn’t a way to completely prevent it you can make these lifestyle changes to help reduce the overall appearance of cellulite. Truth is what you put into your body changes how you feel and look on the outside. There are no quick fixes or magic lotions all of these tips take time and consistency. Your body is unique and genetics do play a big role in where you store fat and how you lose fat. Cellulite is not a bad thing at all and your priority should be self-love, happiness and to keep your body healthy. Be proud, be positive and most importantly do what works for you what makes you happy and confident. If it’s going for a coffee or taking some time for yourself to read a book you enjoy then do it! I hope these tips help with your understanding of cellulite!
Here are some ways to reduce and improve the appearance of cellulite:
While massages have a multitude of health benefits they can also help reduce the appearance of cellulite. Massages help stretch your skin tissue increasing blood flow which can help stretch out the appearance of cellulite and improve lymphatic drainage. Your lymphatic system is what helps to eliminate waste from the body. Foam rolling is also great inexpensive way to help smooth the appearance of cellulite.
Stress, hormones, and lifestyle factors can all contribute to making your body more prone to cellulite. Surround yourself with positive energy, positive people and those who give you life. Stay active, keep your body moving, and remove anything toxic from your life. Take a step back and as yourself is it really worth stressing about? Most of the time things will work out just the way it intended to so let that stress go!
- Balanced Diet
Believe when I tell you that diet plays a huge role when it comes to reducing cellulite. Staying well hydrated with plenty of water which helps remove toxins from the body, increases circulation which can also help reduce fat accumulation. Eating a well-balanced plant based diet can help reduce inflammation throughout your body and help in sustaining a healthy weight. Cellulite can happen to anyone of all shapes and sizes but excess weight can definitely make cellulite more noticeable. Next time you’re at the grocery store at these to your shopping list: Cucumbers, Blueberries, Strawberries, Kale, Spinach and Chia Seeds.
You knew this one was coming! Exercising helps strengthen and tone your muscles and will firm up your body reducing the appearance of cellulite. Strength training and building your muscles will give your body a smooth and firm appearance. Ladies, I would recommend training your lower body 3-4 times a week, challenge yourself and don’t be afraid to increase the weights!
Try this Exercise to help Tone & Sculpt those stubborn areas! Give this exercise a go & Let me know what you think!
- Side band Walk: Place the resistance band right below the knee, keep your core tight, keeping tension on the band throughout & descend into a quarter squat. 3 Sets of 15 each side
- Machine Hip Adduction: Targets the inner thighs – 3 sets of 30
- Box Step Up with Kick Back: To add more of a challenge you can use ankle weights or hold a kettle bell. 3 sets of 20 Each Side
- Machine Hip Abduction: Targets the outer thighs and helps tone and tighten your backside. 3 sets of 30
- Medicine Ball Hip Thrust: Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent and your heels on a medicine ball. Keep your core tight, squeeze your glutes and hamstrings as you thrust upward. Hold for a count at the top and then lower yourself back to floor & REPEAT! 3 sets of 15